Saturday, August 9, 2008

My Birthday and Family Tributes...



This week has been both good and a little trying.  Sales have been slower, so that is never really a good thing.  Yesterday was my birthday though and Andrew surprised me with a dozed pinkish-white roses.  They were a surprise because we told each other that we weren't going to buy anything because of the many (to put it lightly) expenses we have coming up this month.  It was very sweet of him though and they are beautiful.  Thanks honey.  My day was good because I was able to hear from my family (that is the best), got to hang out with some friends, and I get to eat half of a cheesecake myself.  Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE cheesecake.  I am loving every piece but starting to feel a little sick.  Anyways, yesterday I was thinking a lot about my parents and my brothers and sisters.  I older I get, the more I realize how important families are.  Dad-thank you for calling me and keeping in touch.  It means a lot and thanks for always being willing to help me move or fix my car or letting us use your steam shower. ;-)  I love you and am so thankful for a wonderful family history of Forbush's and to have been born one.  We have many amazing relatives that are strong examples in many different aspects.  Mom-thanks for always listening to my concerns, opinions, and faults and loving me for them.  Thanks for your kind, sharing nature and your never-ending ability to give.  Thanks for giving me the space I need to be me and for not meddling in our marriage.  You are there to give me advise when I need it and never go beyond what you feel you should.  I love you. I have some great parents and I hope I can reflect the good things you guys have taught me since I was little.  To my brothers and sisters-thanks for being my best friends in the whole world.  Life has never been boring and I am so glad I have a big family.  You all are the best and each hold a special place in my heart.  I am so grateful for my Heavenly Father and for all our blessings.  I am thankful to have my religion and to be sealed to Andrew.  I am so thankful to have a wonderful family and husband and that is what makes each birthday worth living for.  Thank you!

2 comments:

Jason and Bri Walker said...

Hey! We need to all get together when you guys get back! We should just have a BBQ with the married couples or something! Give us a call!

Melissa said...

I didn't even know that it was your birthday!! Happy late birthday!! How did you keep that a secret? I'm so glad that you had a good day and made the most of it. We are going to miss you guys!!