Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Quite the baker...


So lately with all this time on my hands, I have started to cook and bake more. I am really liking it. Yesterday I made an apple pie from scratch and lasagna. Now if anyone knows me at all, you know that this is kind of out of character for me. I have absolutely hated cooking in the past. But I need to start liking it more cuz one day we will have kids so its good to start practicing. I am in no way amazing, just a beginner but Andrew loved my apple pie so it made me feel good.

7 comments:

Taunya Spaulding said...

awesome job! i have never made a pie before in my life! well, except for maybe pumpkin but let's face it-it just comes from a can!!!

Jed and Kera said...

I know it's got to be rough just waiting to hear about a job. Hang in there.

Aleisha said...

Looks AMAZING! You are in our prayers. Things will look up. You can always come try your cooking up in this area. :)

Tim and Amber said...

oooh...that pie looks soooo yummy!! lasagna is my FAVORITE dish, but I must say, I've never made it from scratch. Kudos to you!!

Carlson Clan said...

Hey Shandee! I found your blog through Emily Hatch's blog. You look amazing! And I'm impressed with your pie. It looks great. My blog is private but if you want an invite leave your email at carlsonpostupdate.blogspot.com!

Browning Buzz said...

DELICIOUS!!! I don't like to cook or clean up the mess, but I do like it when I can eat the final product!

Belnap's Ref It said...

Way to go Shandee!! It does help to know those things, especially when your kids come along. Kids always want some kind of baked goods. Your pie looked yummy. Pies aren't the easiest to make either so Bravo!!